16 May 2010

National Puncture Day

Yesterday was fucking evil. Jordan was running a pretty dead ultra sport and got a flat up at Rounday Park - no puncture kit but luckily Lorenzo didn't live too far away so problem solved.

A happy couple of hours of riding ensued and we decided that a towpath jaunt was in order. Myself, Tez and Jordan rode out for a good while until it started to get pretty dark so we turned back. BANG. There goes Jordans front tyre. About 5 miles out of Leeds. Puncture repair kit but no pump. Fuck.

I decided to ride back and get my pump etc. I made pretty good time getting back home so packed my bag and set off, made at least 10% faster by listening to The Sword. Coming round the bend onto Kirkstall road - BANG. Skidded through the tyre and tube. 17 skid spots my arse. Fixed the flat for it to blow up twice more, pushing through the visible hole in the tyre. A long walk ensued and the only thing that made it worthwhile is how good a cold beer tasted after it all. New Gatorskin Please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Empty toothpaste tubes, cut up - make perfect repairs for tyres. Im not shiiting you it works!!

Neil Bennett said...

I also got a flat yesterday. I was lucky enough to find out when I was at home though.

samuelkinburn said...

I've thought about that anon advice every time I've brushed my teeth since...

160