19 January 2011

Review : Chrome Dresden







So, the lovely people at Chrome sent us some of their fantastic cycling specific shoes, The Chrome Dresden. I had an event coming up and, it being a vintage themed affair (surprise- surprise!), required toeclips only which meant I had to ditch my trusty spds and try these for the cool 135km. When the arrived safely in England without getting stung for duty at customs I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of them... really nice thick suede (in this case green) put together with really good quality rubber and some nice attention to detail like reflective heel and metal shoelace caps.

As for the fit i was pleased that they come in half sizes to guarantee a perfect fit which really mattered when I was at the top of my second monster summit… I was able to strap my feet in nice and tight with no pinching and there was no chance of slipping so I could concentrate on not spewing my guts once I got to the top! Since the first successful trial run i've been wearing these most days to see how hard wearing they are.. so far so good - If you're in the market for some new sneaks that feel good on the bike these are definitely worth a crack - the Dresden are available in classic black and a bright khaki/green.

thanks for reading!
tom

Available Here

No comments:

160