20 May 2010

Tyre Poll Winner

The winner of last weeks (fixieskidder) tyre poll is the Conti Gatorskin (40%). I've been riding these for years and despite riding a number of other tyres, I keep returning to the Gator. As predicted, they were closely followed by the Vittoria Rando (32%).

Loads of other tyres got a mention in the post so its well worth posting, the Hutchinson Intensive (I'd like to try these badboys), Specialized Armadillo (pretty damn light) and a bit of chat about some beefy Kenda 1029 which I've not seen in the flesh.

I guess its an each to their own thing, but until I find something that feels fast and can outlive a gator, I know where my pennies will be spent.

Thanks to everyone who voted and bothered to write their opinions - We should have another poll up soon.

4 comments:

nick said...

let me know when the first free boxes of gators turn up.

samuelkinburn said...

haha. I wish. I think the Conti owner might be a yorkshireman...

Gunnar said...

Riding it since the poll and lovin everything about the tyre. Gators seems to be the way to go.

samuelkinburn said...

If you want a fast tyre that will last, I've not ridden better. Some people complain about the juddery skidding feeling but I've found that with most hard wearing tyres that aren't tread heavy.

160